Bó is looking for a Product Designer to join their team in London
- Joining Bó as a Product Designer, you’ll work in a cross functional team to design and iterate on new and existing functionality for the Bó application
- You'll be working closely with a Product Manager to make sure together you’re creating a product that’s tested with real users, and your assumptions have been validated before handing over designs to your teams developers
- You’ll join a family of passionate product designers, with years of experience across many industries who are advocates for sharing design knowledge to ensure professional growth
What you'll do
Bó is a new digital bank and a lot of what we do is technology, but technology is a means to an end, and that end is to help people spend smarter and save more. You'll be working within a team of around 150 people based in Central London to create a hive for change, where you’ll discover a business fuelled by a social purpose and an opportunity to get in at ground level to build something exceptional with intelligent, committed people.
This is an opportunity to be working in a place where you’ll be challenged, trusted, and where your skills and talents will be valued and respected.
Day to day, you'll be:
- Designing interfaces, flows, interactions and experiences for new products that will directly effect our users lives
- Collaborating with engineers, designers and product managers to conceptualise features and improvements
- Empathising with users through testing and persona reviews, to ensure a great user experience for complex processes
- Contributing to improving internal design processes and best practices
The skills you'll need
We’re looking for a designer with an analytical mind, who is able to balance business needs and constraints against customer requirements. So you'll need a keen interest in the behavioural psychology of users, rather than just a passion for visual design, as well as knowledge of working in cross functional teams, and Agile workflows to deliver features bi-weekly.
You’ll also demonstrate:
- The ability to conceptualise and execute with speed and scale
- An excellent understanding of Adobe creative suite, Sketch and Marvel
- The ability to conceptualise simple ideas to ensure a great user experience for complex processes
- Experience of promoting design guidelines and best practices
- The ability to create wireframes, storyboards and user flows to communicate to developers effectively
- A background in prototyping products for user testing
- Excellent communication skills with clients and stakeholders
We’re especially interested if you have an understanding of HTML and CSS as well as experience with Principle, After effects, or similar.
How we'll reward you
In return, we offer a competitive salary and you'll also join our retirement savings plan. You can also choose from a selection of protection, healthcare or lifestyle extras from RBSelect, our fully flexible reward programme.
Visit our reward and benefits page for more information on the benefit packages we offer.
At RBS, we want everyone to feel welcome, regardless of your background or needs. If you need adjustments making to your working environment, we’ll do everything we can to support you. As part of this commitment, we offer flexible working options for some of our roles - find out more.