Join Bó in London as a Data Engineer
- As a Data Engineer, you'll work within a cross-functional team with cutting-edge Big Data technology, delivering customer value at pace and insisting on high quality and simplicity
- You'll be building a next-gen streaming data platform for operational and analytical use
- This is an opportunity to contribute to a big data development team with enthusiasm and drive within an Agile environment
What you'll do
As a Data Engineer, you'll integrate additional internal and third party resources and handle ETL for data ingestion. You'll be delivering and promoting technical excellence based on fundamental principles and standards that you contribute to. In addition, you'll be working with the wider tech community to showcase Bó Technology as an employer brand, which will involve championing continuous improvement, driving best practices and ensure quality is at the heart of our technical solutions.
Day-to-day you'll be:
- Working with the Chief Data Officer, Data Architect, fellow data engineers and Bó feature teams to implement and deliver the Data Analytics platform
- Maintaining robust and performant data pipelines
- Sharing your technical expertise within the team and across Bó
- Supporting and enforcing controls on the data platform to contain risk and align with regulatory policies
The skills you'll need
We're looking for someone passionate about data, technologies and techniques, with experience in engineering for Data Science, Big Data or related software industry areas. Along with the ability to explain data pipelines in the forms of diagrams and other documentation, you’ll also have experience of building data processing pipelines for use in production hands-off environments, and a deep understanding of data structures and schema design.
We're also looking for technical skills and experience in:
- Programming languages, including Python, SQL, Scala or Java
- ETL processes and orchestration, such as Apache Airflow
- Messaging, event and streaming technology, including Apache Kafka
- Big data databases, such as AWS Redshift, Postgres, Snowflake
- Infrastructure as code, including Terraform
- Containerization, such as Docker and Kubernetes
- Cloud technologies, including Amazon Web Services and Google Cloud Platform
- Large-scale data processing frameworks, such as Spark or Hadoop
How we'll reward you
In return, we offer a competitive salary and you'll also join our retirement savings plan. You can also choose from a selection of protection, healthcare or lifestyle extras from RBSelect, our fully flexible reward programme.
Visit our reward and benefits page for more information on the benefit packages we offer.
At Bó, we want everyone to feel welcome, regardless of your background or needs. If you need adjustments making to your working environment, we’ll do everything we can to support you. As part of this commitment, we offer flexible working options for some of our roles.